Why Jess's Garden


As I think about it now, I chose the name because I garden to create a space that I want to share with my family.
This blog has now evovled to be a discussion about how I'm attempting to create a personal and physical home for my family.
Creating a garden is a key part of that process, but it is not the only part, so I feel the different parts of this blog are all congruent to the same goal.

Sunday 26 November 2006

The Beginning

Well the question is why have I given in and started a Blog. I am learning to garden and I've tried keep a journal, I've tried a photo journal. These worked well, but now I'm trying this. 18 months ago DH, myself and my mother brought a 4 bedroom house with a granny flat (better known as the Dawdy house). My mum is a keen gardener and has slowly been trying to convert me, though I had begun before she started. The last few years in our old house I was going tomatoes in pots.
After 12 months of gardening I'm now fully engaged and beginning to plan a whole house/garden outline. Over the next few posts I'll show and explain what I have done in the last few months and then I'll beginning showing where to now.

No comments: