Why Jess's Garden


As I think about it now, I chose the name because I garden to create a space that I want to share with my family.
This blog has now evovled to be a discussion about how I'm attempting to create a personal and physical home for my family.
Creating a garden is a key part of that process, but it is not the only part, so I feel the different parts of this blog are all congruent to the same goal.

Tuesday 29 December 2009

Nigella Lawson - Feast





For years now I have been following the blog "Mouthfuls of Heaven"
Last year I got thinking about Nigella's book Feast and thinking I would love to try and cook something from each of the "special events" in the book.
I have decided this is the year.  I don't know how many actual recipes I will cook, but it will begin with New Years!


Feast is not just about big-deal special occasions: it’s about the way we use food to celebrate life.
‘Pleasures and Principles of Good Food’ to celebrations from feast days to familiar rites of passage.

Essentially about families and food, about public holidays and private passions, about how to celebrate the small everyday pleasures as well as the big occasions, it includes everything from Christmas, Thanksgiving , Hanukah and Eid, to Passover and Easter; from Valentine’s Day to that first breakfast in bed and Sunday lunch fit for the In-Laws; from a seasonal pumpkin feast to the ultimate Chocolate Cake Hall of Fame; from weddings to funerals, from Georgian and Venetian feasts to children’s favourites; from Carbfeast to a final post New Year fast…


So I am looking forward to a year of cooking for my family and friends, both special occasion and simple meals which celebrate our relationships and time together.

No comments: