Why Jess's Garden


As I think about it now, I chose the name because I garden to create a space that I want to share with my family.
This blog has now evovled to be a discussion about how I'm attempting to create a personal and physical home for my family.
Creating a garden is a key part of that process, but it is not the only part, so I feel the different parts of this blog are all congruent to the same goal.

Sunday 27 May 2007

Green Thumb Sunday -Flowers

When I went for a walk in my garden this afternoon, I was surprised at the number of flowers in my garden. I'm not really a flower person, my husband commented the other day, that I'm really only interested in plants I can eat. Not completely true, but close.
Near by garden pond, there is the pineapple sage with its pretty red flowers.
Also near the pond is this flower. I think the plant is called savoury, but I'm not sure. I love it's daisy like flowers.
Then there is the potato vine. I know I should prune it, but I do love the constant white flowers.

I really must begin cutting flowers and bring them inside occasionally.

7 comments:

Christa said...

Can you eat the pineapple sage or is it an ornamental plant? I am not familar with it so I am curious to know. It looks beautiful.

Happy Sunday!

Sally said...

The pineapple sage is eatable. I put the leaves and flowers in fruit salad and punch. Not sure what else you could do with it.

Silvia Hoefnagels . Salix Tree said...

I like the pineapple sage, what pretty flowers it has!
The daisy plant, is that feverfew? Difficult to see its leaves. I love feverfew, it seeds itself all over, and looks so pretty.

Sally said...

Yes, Salix, it is feverfew. I knew if some one told me the name I would remember. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I am big into salvias. Pineapple sage is a great plant. Just hack it back once a year and it keeps getting better.

Anonymous said...

i think I would let the potatoes flower, too; they'r eso lovely!

I'm visiting two week's worth of Green Tumb Sundays at once, sinc elife got in the way last week. :D

Anonymous said...

You have beautiful flowers!

best home teeth whitener