Why Jess's Garden


As I think about it now, I chose the name because I garden to create a space that I want to share with my family.
This blog has now evovled to be a discussion about how I'm attempting to create a personal and physical home for my family.
Creating a garden is a key part of that process, but it is not the only part, so I feel the different parts of this blog are all congruent to the same goal.

Sunday 13 May 2007

Green Thumb Sunday

Join


Well after a long break, a friend has inspired me to get back into my blog. Life has been a bit up and down recently, and the garden has been plodding along without much help from me. I've watered and I harvested most vegetables and stuff, but that was all. No new plants at all. For today's Green Thumb Sunday, I thought I would show some photos I took of my miniature harvest. We loved all the tomatos and I was so proud and happy to eat my own sweet corn. We also had lots of fun pulling up all the potatoes.






5 comments:

Bells said...

We loved picking our potatoes too Sal. We got loads of small ones. Next year, I want some bigger ones. What were yours like?

Oh and I love the new banner. That looks absolutely beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Potatoes are one of my favorite crops to grow, such fun digging them up in anticipation of what is hiding under the soil. Your sweetcorn looks lovely too, my kids love picking it straight from the plant and eating without cooking, it's so tender and sweet when freshly picked.

Anonymous said...

I just planted my tomoatoes here in the Northern Hemisphere. I can't wait to harvest them:)

Sally said...

Most of mine were pretty small, the sub we planted them in wasn't big enough. I'm thinking what I'll do next year.
Leonie I loved the sweetcorn. We ate it raw at times too.

Carol Michel said...

I love seeing a bowlful of tomatoes. I'll be planting my tomato plants in a few days, and then I can't wait to pick the first ripe tomato of the seaons.