Why Jess's Garden


As I think about it now, I chose the name because I garden to create a space that I want to share with my family.
This blog has now evovled to be a discussion about how I'm attempting to create a personal and physical home for my family.
Creating a garden is a key part of that process, but it is not the only part, so I feel the different parts of this blog are all congruent to the same goal.

Sunday 21 January 2007

Green Thumb Sunday

Join Green Thumb Sunday
Join


I thought photos of pretty flowers were in order this week. I've only just got into flowers, but I brought 10 pots of summer flowers. But now I have a problem, I don't actually know what these flowers are, even though I love them. They are in all sorts of colours, dark purple, white, pink and light purple


Updated to say according to comments, I now think that is is a petunia

8 comments:

Smalltown RN said...

The name of those flowers have slipped my mind. But I put them in my window boxes and hanging baskets I think they start with the letter"P" they grow wonderfully well, just remember to keep pruning them and you will have them all season. My go from May - Oct. good choice!!

Welcome to Saturday photo hunt.

Cheers and thanks for dropping by my blog..hope to see you again sometime soon!

Anita said...

Oh, I did not yet visit your blog on a GTS! Nice to meet you!

Well, that flower on your photos shoud be a petunia.

Have a great sunny Sunday!

Sally said...

Petunia, thank you I knew people would know.

Anonymous said...

YEP, defenitely a Petunia. We have a lot of them here in Sweden. It belongs to the family of Solanaceae, potatoe plants.

Take away the flowers on it as soon as they start to get "ugly" so they don't steal any blooming power from the new ones :-)

Deb @ Sugarfused said...

Pretty petunias! They're usually very easy to grow...that's the kind I like ;~)

Have a great Sunday! My GTS is up, too!

Silvia Hoefnagels . Salix Tree said...

Pretty petunias! I haven't had any petunias for a few years, they don't seem to like the windy weather here in Ireland, so I stopped growing them. Must try the new varieties someday.

Sally said...

Thank you for the information about trimming the older flowers didn't know that.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! Yes I agree that your new pretty flowers are petunias. :)

They are easy to grow but if you get some very hot weather make sure you water them at times as often as twice a day as they do not like to dry out in hot weather.