Why Jess's Garden


As I think about it now, I chose the name because I garden to create a space that I want to share with my family.
This blog has now evovled to be a discussion about how I'm attempting to create a personal and physical home for my family.
Creating a garden is a key part of that process, but it is not the only part, so I feel the different parts of this blog are all congruent to the same goal.

Saturday 27 January 2007

Silver



When I read that Silver was this weeks photo hunt, my first thought was my wedding ring, which I think of as silver, but it is really white gold, so that didn't count. And then I thought of this

But that's not silver I hear you cry, thats wood. She mustn't know anything. But wait a minute let me open it. This box is a very precious gift from my Nana.


See this is my Nana's silver cutlery set. I love this set, and I open it on an inregulary basis just to look and touch. Some of it needs a polish, but these one's don't.


They are very shiny and I love the way the catch the light.

I wish I was brave enough to use it, but I haven't yet. Maybe one day, I will have a proper dinner party and use these, and the special tea set she gave me.

15 comments:

Carol said...

Hey Jess, what a beautiful canteen of cutlery. I have a similar one from my nana, they certainly knew how to make them back then.

Also just letting you know you've been tagged by me - so go to it. See my blog.

Lisa said...

Oh great choice. Mine is cutlery as well that my Grandmother gave to us as a wedding gift - 21 years ago. We use it all the time though. Happy weekend.

Bells said...

oh I'd love some old fashioned silver. I imagine polishing it would be quite a lovely thing to do. You're lucky!

Yoshi said...

yeah I don't think I could possibly take care of so much silver. :)

But it would be good to have i'm sure!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous set!

Gattina said...

Very pretty cuttleries, they have quite an antique style.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful items...

Viamarie said...

Great collection!

Have a restful weekend.

Hootin Anni said...

excellent. I love the lighting as you captured your photo.

Mine's posted

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful set of silverware! Great choice for this week's theme.

Andree said...

I remember when my stepmother had a chest of silverware like that! Oh the polishing we had to do. Yet we never used it!

Sunflower said...

very nice silvers!

Thanks for stopping by my Sunflower blog!Welcome back any time.

Have a nice weekend!

I will Exercise for Comments!
Sunflower

Desert Diva said...

You should use the set - it's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

My goodness, that cutlery set is just absolutely stunning! You are very lucky to have such a precious heirloom.

Anonymous said...

Oh, you gotta use it!!