Why Jess's Garden


As I think about it now, I chose the name because I garden to create a space that I want to share with my family.
This blog has now evovled to be a discussion about how I'm attempting to create a personal and physical home for my family.
Creating a garden is a key part of that process, but it is not the only part, so I feel the different parts of this blog are all congruent to the same goal.

Monday 15 January 2007

Photo Hunter


I am coming to this a bit late, but I thought I would join in and do last week's technology idea before getting into this weeks.

The technology one really inspired me because originally I started thinking about old technology and I was going to use the photo of my grandfather's barometer which I have just inherited.
But it got me thinking about how I garden and how my grandparents gardened. I also asked myself why I garden compared to why they might have gardened. I know both grandfathers and my grandmother on my mothers side were all "gardeners" and I'm sure all different. My Pa was all about food, he had a large vegetable garden at all times and grew the most amazing tomatoes. My grandfather was very organized according to mum, he liked his garden's laid out carefully, while my grandmother was the opposite apparently . One of my favorite stories of my grandmother is that she would come home in her good shoes and clothes and end up gardening even before she got the front door open.
Any way to my photos, I thought I would include photos of gardening technology.

First the barometer, that I'm sure my grandfather used to predict the weather and help with his gardening.


Next a gardening fork that both my grandparents and I use/d


Finally my solar water pump which I use in my water features, I bet my grandmother would have loved it.

No comments: