Why Jess's Garden


As I think about it now, I chose the name because I garden to create a space that I want to share with my family.
This blog has now evovled to be a discussion about how I'm attempting to create a personal and physical home for my family.
Creating a garden is a key part of that process, but it is not the only part, so I feel the different parts of this blog are all congruent to the same goal.

Saturday 20 January 2007

Photo Hunter - Wild



I tried to take some photos of wild parrots in my garden, but they flew away.
So instead I took some photos of my "wild" pumpkin plant. I certainly didn't plant this pumpkin as seeds or as seedlings. I think it must have grown from seeds in the compost. As the photo shows it even has a pumpkin on it.



8 comments:

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Hello!! Thanks for stopping by my blog and seeing my two youngest "wild" grandkids!! They certainly LOOK wild!! smile!! This word was hard for me this time. Come back and see me anytime. I love new people dropping by. Sandyygacudht

Bells said...

fabulous looking pumpkin Sal! I have a couple, no, three wild pumpkin plants. Only one of them is producing and each time a butternut gets going, it withers and dies. I have no idea why. I want one like yours!

Sally said...

When I eat the pumpkin Bells, I'll save you some seeds for next year.

Patricia said...

Welcome to Photo Hunt! I wouldn't know what to do with a wild pumpkin! Blessings!

PowersTwinB said...

a wild pumpkin? I had no idea that even was possible! Very nice photo, welcome to Photo Hunt...my photo is up, please come and visit

Teena in Toronto said...

That's one determined pumpkin!

Mine's up too :)

Andree said...

aaahhh more warm weather from the other side of the world! I wish I could grow things outside :-(

Thank you and welcome to Photo Hunt!

Melissa said...

squash love the compost, don't they...